I suppose that I could or should begin this blog with some exhausted description of my life at the present: the internship I just started, the art of taking 18 hours, my constant uncertainty or my family. But those are heavier things than I'm willing to write about at 8:30 on a long-awaited Friday morning. Instead, I'll start with a "something" that I wrote the other day. Still have yet to figure out what, exactly, it is.
Anyway, hi. I'm Sasha. And I like to write.
She said hope was a lot like buying a box of band-aids.
She said, "No one wants to get hurt--but when you do--that box of band-aids is there and you
are wiser for knowing ahead of time that no one is immune to pain & trouble...not even you."
She said hope was something you kept in your medicine cabinet, next to the Aspirub and vitamins.
She said people who didn't have hope were poorer than the people who lived on Skid Row...and even some of them were richer.
She said walking around without hope was just as reckless as driving with both hands in the air, as useless as lighting a match in the wind, as senseless as pouring salt in your tea, as futile as using your hands to walk and as stupid as running with your eyes closed.
She said you couldn't have hope without faith.
I asked her why.
She said it was because faith was the thing that reminded you to have hope: it activated it, quickened it, made it function.
I asked her how to have faith.
She said, "You have to be willing to go blind. It's the only way to keep your head from telling your heart what is impossible: what can and cannot be."
I asked, "What does that matter?"
She said, "Because, darling...everything is possbile with faith."
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful writing! What a pleasure just to read the words, to be taken on the wings of your thoughts. Thanks for a few minutes of joyful reading. Keep writing.
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful “piece” as Delotto would say. I think I relate to it so well because at the end of the day, when I sit in my room feeling sorry for myself and reliving all my mistakes like a proper “emo” kid, I think that faith and hope have been steering me along while I have been looking through the window at the side of the road. Faith and hope have been my parents when I have mourned all that has been taken and all that has been lost. Hope is the only thing I have left for myself and for this world of chaos that we live in. faith is the one constant because it only takes me to believe in it, and she always comes back when I need her. Thanks for this piece, I loved it.
ReplyDeleteDeLotto*
ReplyDelete