(for Deja)
She was so beautiful, last night. Or, more than any other night. Or day. Or time that I’d seen her before. Baby cousin.
Baby cousin with two wings in her belly. And though she hadn’t picked out any names for the skylark in her womb…we had names for her.
Sugar.
Honey.
Sweet.
Punkin’.
Baby.
Baby cousin. So young. Molasses colored skin stretched out under breasts that glowed under the moon…last night. Baby cousin. With the same bright eyes…(like flecks of topaz)…that flickered in the dark. Weren’t we just baby cousins?
Weren’t we just babies, cousin?
Ahhh, Sasha, this is a beautiful description of your dear pregnant cousin. From your words I can tell that you really adore her and that you are so excited for this baby. You should let her read this. I think she would love knowing how beautiful you think she is during this precious time in her life.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Jill, Sasha. You have described her pregnancy in a beautiful way, and pregnant women do not always feel beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove the imagery in this posting.